Thursday, August 9, 2012

Terceira, Azores, Portugal!  Ever heard of it?  It's only the one of the most amazing places on earth.  That might be because I spent a good chunk of my childhood there.  Even though I was very young, it stood out so much to me that from that point on, I wanted to go back.  So, 20+ years later, I did!  I took my family and showed them the island and all the things that I used to do as a kid.  It was a complete shock to see that the island had changed so much.  There's even a 4 lane highway now!  We all had a good time, and the kiddo even said that he wants to take his kids to the Azores in 20 years!  Can't wait for the next trip, even though it's 20 years away!  =)





Our first house on the Island.  1985
The same house.  2012










Overlooking Praia.

TORO TORO!!

The islands main bull ring

A typical Azorian fishing boat.  They are beautiful!

Looking down from the cliffs

Split Rock

Prime family photo op moment!


At Biscoits.  We swam the next day!  The salt water smell is something you never forget!

It was super cold, but I did it!  


Typical Azorian church.  This one has been abandoned, but it was still pretty!

Hanging out at the water front in Praia.

At the peak of the island.  He thought it was so cool to be in the clouds!



2 comments:

  1. Home!! You never forget that place. Maybe someday I'll go back (it's been 42 years for me).

    I wore a wet suit at Biscoits--much warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's very cool. It has really changed now. Such as the 4 laned highway between Praia and Angra! So many cars, and high end cars at that.

    ReplyDelete