Thursday, May 24, 2012

What the hail!!

Yes, as in frozen solid precipitation!  Okay...  So maybe this isn't new to me.  Aside from the fact that I've been caught in many hail storms, I'm also married to someone from the Texas panhandle.  I know hail!  It's a fairly regular occurrence here.  The thing is this...  my ability to speak French is very iffy at best.  If I need to call for help, the poor person on the other end of the line will just hang up on me.  I can almost promise!  Why would you call for help, you might ask?   I'll rewind just a tad...  I was in the shower with the window open(yes, we do that here. I know. It's weird.) and I hear that the rain has started.  No biggie.... that's what our weather consists of seventy five percent of the time.  Suddenly, the rain sounded loud and heavy.  I sat there for a second and did a quick "oh, it's hailing now."  Again...  No biggie.  Then, as I sit with a mound of shampoo on my head, I realize that the night before I read an article talking about our region of Belgium having the highest percentages of tornadoes.  I don't mean for Belgium(let's face it.  Belgium is tiny, and having high percentages of anything really isn't that impressive.) I mean for this part of Europe.   So...  I rinse my hair quickly, jump out of the shower, get dressed and put my shoes on.  I looked outside and it was almost pitch dark.  Luckily, this hail storm wasn't a big producer.  Nothing dented my car, and no tornadoes gave me a free ride to Kansas.  


I wish I had taken pictures sooner.  This was after it had already begun to melt


No comments:

Post a Comment